GLAD:D program has been tested and had great results in Denmark. It is an 8 week exercise and education program. This program is aimed at helping people who suffer from stiff and achy hips and knees, have hip or knee osteoarthritis. With this program you may be able to decrease your pain, become more physically active and help minimize your use of pain medication.
Are you experiencing pain or stiffness in your hip(s) or knee(s)? These may be symptoms of obteoarthritis (OA) ?
Have you heard about GLA:D®?
- GLA:D® is an 8 week education and exercise program developed in Denmark for people with symptoms of knee or hip OA.
- GLA:D® is being launched across Canada as GLA:D™ Canada.
What can GLA:D™ Canada do for you ?
This program will teach you the right way to move to reduce your OA symptoms.
In Denmark, people taking the GLA:D® program
– have reduced pain
– take fewer pain killers
– take less time off work
– are able to do more active.
GLA:D™ Canada is for everyone with symptoms of hip or knee OA!
What is GLA:D® ?
• is an 8-week education and exercise program delivered by certified therapists for people with symptoms of hip or knee osteoarthritis (OA)
• was developed in Denmark and more than 10,000 have participated
• has reduced pain, use of pain killers and days on sick leave and has improved quality of life
• teaches you how to control your movements to allow you to be more active
What is GLA:D™ Canada?
• GLA:D® is available in Canada and will be offered in various locations across the country
• The program includes: 2-3 education classes, 12 exercise sessions (twice a week for 6 weeks), and measures your outcomes to monitor your improvement
• The goal of the program is to reduce your symptoms so that you can do the things you want to do
• Visit www.gladcanada.ca to find your nearest GLA:D™ Canada location